- 340 g butter
- 170 g dark chocolate (min. 70% cocoa content)
- 1 tsp STROH 80
- ½ vanilla bean
- 400 g granulated sugar
- 50 g brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 eggs
- 125 g flour, plain or universal
- 125 g baking cocoa
- Heat the oven to 180 °C top and bottom heat.
- Coat a square baking tin with aluminum foil (this will help the brownies to bake quicker and more evenly).
- Chop the chocolate and melt it with the butter in a small pan at a low heat. Keep stirring and adding STROH.
- Scrape out the vanilla seeds from the vanilla pod. Whip together with the granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt and eggs in the mixing bowl of a stand mixer for 8 minutes until frothy.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a bowl. Once the eggs have been beaten until frothy, reduce the speed of the stand mixer to the lowest setting and add the butter and chocolate mixture. Then add the flour and cocoa mixture and mix until everything is combined and the flour is not visible anymore.
- Finally, carefully fold in the dough once more using a spatula and make sure that the mixture on the bottom has also been folded in well.
- Pour the brownie dough into the prepared baking tin, spread it evenly and bake for approx. 30 minutes.
- Leave the brownies to cool in the baking tin for 1 hour, and then lift them out of the tin along with the aluminum foil. Cut the brownies into pieces and serve them with a glass of milk.