Ingredients for 10 Servings
For the hazelnut meringue
- 30 g pastry or all-purpose flour
- 150 g ground hazelnuts
- 130 g icing sugar
- 150 g egg whites
- 50 g granulated sugar
- coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- icing sugar
For the rum ganache
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 225 g heavy cream
- 30 g butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp STROH 80
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C fan.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Prepare a piping bag with a nozzle.
- For the meringue batter, sift together flour, ground nuts, and 130 g icing sugar.
- Whisk the egg whites with a hand mixer until foamy. Once the egg whites have a firm and frothy consistency, gradually add in the granulated sugar. Finally, gently fold in the sifted dry ingredients.
- Fill the batter into the piping bag and pipe 6 cm (2.4 inches) circles onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving enough space in between.
- Dust with powdered sugar and decorate with chopped hazelnuts.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes until the dacquoise feels firm.
- For the rum ganache, finely chop the chocolate and place it in a bowl. Bring the whipping cream to a boil, then pour it over the chocolate and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Stir the ganache, add butter, salt, and STROH and mix well. Allow the ganache to cool.
- Using a hand mixer, whip the chilled ganache until creamy and fill it into a piping bag.
- Fill one dacquoise with ganache and gently place another dacquoise on top as a lid.
- Store the assembled dacquoise in the refrigerator until ready to serve.