For the cookie dough
- 60 g ground almonds
- 60 g dark chocolate
- 150 g softened butter
- 150 g icing sugar
- 1 egg white
- 150 g all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp STROH 80
For the icing
- 200 g powdered sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp STROH 80 or STROH 60
- For the cookie dough, mix softened butter, sugar, and egg white with a whisk.
- Grate the chocolate, fold in flour, salt, and STROH, and mix until a homogeneous dough forms. Chill the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C fan.
- Roll the dough into two long round pieces with a diameter of approximately 4 cm (1.6 inches). Chill for 30 minutes.
- Cut 5 mm (0.2 inches) thin slices of dough with a knife and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Gently press down. Tip: For particularly nice sandwiches, roll the dough thinly, cut out with a round cookie cutter, and halve into two crescents.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until the sandwiches are crispy. Then remove from the hot baking sheet and let cool.
- For the glaze, mix egg yolk, water, STROH, and powdered sugar with a whisk until a spreadable glaze is formed. Add more liquid or sugar as needed.
- Spread the glaze on the sandwiches with a knife. Let dry for several hours at room temperature.