Ingredients for 1 Cake
22 cm, 8-10 servings
- 120 g butter(Lactose-free butter can be used)
- 50 g icing sugar
- 8 egg-yolk
- 5 egg white
- 80 g refined sugar
- 60 g grounded almonds
- 240 g grounded hazelnuts
- 150 g apricot jam
- 70 g STROH 40
- 200 g hazelnut nougat
- a dash of cinnamon
- ca. 150g hazelnut crunch, to sprinkle on the cake
- Beat lukewarm butter with icing sugar, cinnamon and egg-yolk until frothy.
- Beat egg white with refined sugar. Mix almonds, hazelnuts and gently fold in the butter mixture with the beaten egg whites.
- Place the mixture in a cake pan and bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C top bottom heat for approx. 40 minutes (in fan only 175° and approx. 35 minutes).
- Let the cake cool.
- Boil apricot jam with STROH.
- Melt nougat in a water bath.
- Cut the cake once in half and soak with the jam-rum mixture, sprinkle some of the nougat on top.
- Stack the cake and spread the remaining jam.
- Finally, coat the cake with nougat and sprinkle with hazelnut crunch.
- Let it cool down.