Ingredients for 10 servings
- 500 g mascarpone
- 3 tbsp STROH 40
- 4 egg yolks
- 60 g icing sugar
- 1 dash of salt
- 30 g cocoa powder
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- zest of half an organic orange
- rainbow or chocolate sprinkles for decorating
- Roughly chop the chocolate and melt over a double boiler.
- Whisk together egg yolks with sugar. Add the molten chocolate, mascarpone, cocoa, salt, STROH, vanilla and orange zest. Gently mix together until a thick cream forms.
- Put into a flat bowl, cover with cling film and freeze for 1 to 2 hours.
- Divide the cream with a spoon. Shape into round truffles with your hands.
- Dip into sprinkles or chocolate crispies. Serve chilled.