- 1.2 kg strawberries
- 1.2 kg preserving sugar 1: 1
- 8 tbsp STROH 80
- juice of one lemon
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- optional: seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- Wash the strawberries, remove the stems and purée the fruits. Tip: For fruit pieces in the jam, do not mix the strawberries too smoothly.
- Add lemon juice, vanilla seeds, STROH and lemon zests and let it cook for 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in between.
- Make a jelly test* and immediately fill the jam into clean glasses. Turn the glasses upside down while cooling.
*Jelly test: Put one to two teaspoons of the hot jam on a cold plate. If the jam begins to set after about one minute, it is ready to be filled in glasses. If not, let it cook a little longer.