- 5 eggs
- 240 g soft butter
- 230 g sugar
- 200 g plain flour
- 50 g ground almonds
- vanilla sugar
- grated lemon zest
- butter and flour for the bundt cake pan
- simple syrup*
- 50 g STROH 80
*To make simple syrup, bring equal parts of water and sugar to a boil and let them simmer over medium heat for approximately 15 minutes, stirring continuously to dissolve the sugar. Allow the syrup to cool completely before using it in further preparations.
- Separate the eggs. Beat soft butter with 100 g of sugar, vanilla sugar, and lemon zest until frothy.
- Gradually add the egg yolks, waiting briefly after each addition until they are fully incorporated.
- Combine flour with ground almonds.
- Whisk the egg whites with the remaining sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the butter mixture into the egg white mixture, followed by the almond-flour mixture.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured bundt pan, and bake in a preheated oven at about 190 °C for 45 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the cake rest in the pan for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare a syrup by making a simple sugar syrup, allowing it to cool, and then mixing it with STROH.
- Remove the bundt cake from the pan and slowly pour the STROH-sugar syrup mixture over it, allowing it to be absorbed well.