Ingredients for 20 to 30 Pieces
For the cookie dough
- 200 g butter
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 g icing sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp STROH 60
- 6 eggs
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 100 g ground walnuts
- 200 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- icing sugar for dusting
For the rum glaze
- 125 ml STROH 60
- 250 g icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 160 °C fan. Cover a baking tray with baking paper.
- Separate eggs. Melt the chocolate over a double boiler, let it cool.
- Sieve flour and baking powder. Beat the soft butter until frothy. Add the icing sugar and egg yolks and keep beating. Add STROH and molten chocolate.
- Beat the egg whites with salt and the remaining sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in beaten egg whites into the chocolate dough. Spread out the dough (2 cm thick) on the baking tray and bake for 20 to 25 min.
- Drizzle some STROH over the hot cookies.
- For the glaze, mix STROH and sugar. Thinly spread out the glaze on the cookies. Using round cookie cutters, cut out crescents.
- Before serving, dust with icing sugar.