Ingredients for 4 Servings
- 600 g pork shank without bone
- mountain salt
- butter and oil for frying
- 120 ml STROH 40
- 400 g root vegetables (yellow turnip, carrot, parsley root, celery)
- 500 ml vegetable broth (cooked from the peels)
- Season the pork shanks with mountain salt, thyme, and pepper, then brown them on all sides in a spacious pot with some butter and oil.
- Pour in STROH, let it reduce slightly, then add the vegetable broth. Cover and simmer over moderate heat.
- Dice the root vegetables and add them after approximately 60 minutes of cooking time. Let it simmer gently for another 30 minutes.
- Depending on the consistency of the sauce, purée a small portion of the liquid and vegetables, then return it to the sauce to thicken it.
- Serve the pork shanks with the STROH root vegetable sauce. As a side dish, we recommend potato dumplings or bread dumplings.