Ingredients for 20-30 Cookies
- 100 g icing sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 125 g butter
- 125 g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp STROH 80
- 1 pinch of salt
- 150 g wheat flour Type 480
- 75 g walnuts
- To prepare the vanilla sugar for coating, scrape out the vanilla bean and set aside some of the vanilla seeds. Mix the vanilla seeds and bean with the sugar until well combined.
- For the crescent dough, mix all the ingredients, including the reserved vanilla seeds, together and knead well. Wrap the dough and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Afterward, flatten the dough and let it rest in the refrigerator for another hour.
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C fan.
- Roll out the chilled dough thinly, divide it into small pieces, and shape them into crescents. Carefully transfer them onto a baking sheet. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until the tips turn lightly golden.
- Roll the hot vanilla crescents in vanilla sugar and let them cool.
- Store the finished cookies in a cookie jar with an apple to keep them tender.