Ingredients for 4 Servings
For the Orange Hollandaise Sauce
- 250 g butter
- 4 egg yolks
- Zest of 2 oranges
- Juice of ½ orange
- 3 tbsp STROH 60
For the asparagus
- 500 g asparagus
- 1 piece of stale white bread
- 3 lemon slices
- For the Hollandaise sauce, melt the butter, skim off the white foam, and let the butter cool (the melted butter should be around 40°C).
- Place the egg yolks in a bowl and whisk them together. While continuously whisking, slowly pour in the warm butter until a thick Hollandaise sauce forms.
- Finally, stir in the orange zest, orange juice, and STROH. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the asparagus, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Trim the ends of the asparagus generously and peel them.
- Cook the peeled asparagus with lemon slices and bread for about 10 minutes until it is tender but still crisp. Serve with the orange Hollandaise sauce.