For the toffees
- 60 ml water
- 200 g sugar
- 150 g butter
- 125 ml whipped cream
For one cup of Hot Toffee
- 100 ml whole milk
- 1-2 toffees
- 30 ml STROH 60
- For the toffees, cut the butter into pieces and bring to room temperature.
- Bring the water and sugar to a boil at a low heat until hard lumps form. Simmer without stirring for 5 to 10 minutes until the lumps melt and a brown sauce forms.
- Cook the sauce until it is caramel brown. Then add the softened butter and stir a little.
When the butter is completely melted, stir in the whipped cream. Cook the caramel for another 5 to 10 minutes until the right consistency is reached (For the consistency test, take a cup of cold water and drip in the caramel. Once hard drops form, the caramel is ready.)
- Pour the caramel into a metal mold on baking paper. Put it in the fridge and let it cool.
- Cut the cold toffee into cubes and wrap individually in baking paper. Store in the refrigerator.
- For the hot toffee, put one or two toffee cubes in a cup. Add STROH rum and pour hot milk over it. Stir well and serve hot.