Ingredients for 8 servings
- 10 ladyfingers
- 50 g sponge cake pieces
- juice of ½ orange
- 2 heaping tbsp apricot jam
- 175 g STROH 40
- 1 l vanilla ice cream (colored pink with food coloring)
- cake glaze
- sugar flowers or bits of sponge cake for decorating
- For the punch filling, break the sponge fingers into little pieces and mix with torn-up sponge cake pieces, STROH, orange juice and jam; allow to soak for about 15 minutes.
- Roll out the mixture (1 cm thick) between two sheets of parchment paper and firm it up in the refrigerator.
- Afterward, cut into 6 cm squares and put it in the freezer.
- Place 8 square cake rings (8 x 3 cm) on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and cool them in the refrigerator.
- Use a spatula to spread the vanilla ice cream (brought to a malleable temperature) 1 cm deep on the bottom and on the sides of each cake ring.
- Place the punch filling into the middle of the ice cream and cover with more ice cream. Freeze until ready to serve.
- Before serving, glaze the surface with cake glaze and decorate with sugar flowers or bits of sponge cake.
- Place cakes on plates, use a Bunsen burner to briefly warm the cake rings, carefully remove the cake rings, and serve.